PDA

View Full Version : Best email for connectivity

alvinmoneypit
January 12th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I mean an email that will not get trapped in spam filters by default.

I'm tired of not getting through to people or list serves that block Yahoo and gmail.

I've been trying to get a message on discuss@linmodems.org (http://discuss@linmodems.org) for over a month and it won't get through. Have emailed the guy at nvidia about the linux driver he made for my computer and probably wound up in spam folder. I've tried to email strangers at various times for business purposes and I never get response. I have to suspect it's being trapped as they are losing my money from this in most cases.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't think I have a default email service from my dsl provider.

LowSky
January 12th, 2011, 06:00 AM
have you thought that maybe people dont want to respond to you? just saying...

my gmail account works fine for corporate responses and what not

CharlesA
January 12th, 2011, 06:04 AM
I haven't had any problems with yahoo, or gmail.

alvinmoneypit
January 12th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Thanks you guys.

Maybe you could help me troubleshoot mine.

See if you can post a message at discuss@linmodem.org. You have to sign up and you have to acknowledge the email they send you, But you get a confirmation that allows you to post.

I've done all this but still not getting through.

P.S. Why wouldn't they respond if I'm offering to buy their products that they are actively selling???

Never mind, they must know my money is no good, right?

CharlesA
January 12th, 2011, 07:36 AM
That would be something to take up with them.

The discuss mailing list looks to be support list, not anything that vendors would contact.

HappinessNow
January 12th, 2011, 08:18 AM
my gmail account works fine for corporate responses and what not

I haven't had any problems with yahoo, or gmail.

Agree with the above two post, gmail works great for me as well.

WorfSOM
January 12th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Another vote for gmail here. It has never given me problems.

ki4jgt
January 12th, 2011, 11:00 AM
(Made this up on the spot :-))
But with anywhere near 50 - 60 % of the world using yahoo and gmail (for both personal and corporate needs) any company which doesn't accept messages from them would plain out be very ignorant or very smart (Depending on how you looked at it :-)) Are you sure your responses have not been placed in your own junk folders?

Johnsie
January 12th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Sounds like a problem with the website you are visiting... You could try registering your own domain name and using an email adddress that comes with that.

alvinmoneypit
January 12th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the responses.

I check my spam folder, plus if my emails were getting through, I would be getting my own emails as I'm a member of the list serve and have been getting the posts from the other members.

The 'registering my own domain name" is something I had not considered, but may be worth considering.

I have trouble getting responses from others as well, not just this one. I wonder if my name on my email may be flagging the spam collector.

So if I write someone and I want to pay them money for using their copyrighted property, they don't want to talk to me? Why would that be?

UPDATE: Since Ubuntu Forums is not allowing me to further post new on this thread I edited this one.

I checked with a few network spam collectors to make sure I'm not on the 'blocked' lists. I wonder if it may have something to do with the text encoding? This site doesn't accept anything but plain text, which I used both from my yahoo and gmail accounts, but I wonder if it is being detected as text encoding.