PDA

View Full Version : Novell patent pool filing by Microsoft, Apple, Oracle, EMC withdrawn

GabrielYYZ
January 12th, 2011, 04:10 AM
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/01/11/novell_patent_pool_filing_by_microsoft_apple_oracl e_emc_withdrawn.html

i might be a bit irrational here, but i really don't like mono... and i'm happy about libreoffice.

also in that article, oracle's problem with google's android.

Austin25
January 12th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Well, I'm not using openSUSE anymore.

MisterGaribaldi
January 12th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Hooray for...us?

Khakilang
January 12th, 2011, 04:58 AM
I wonder what is the future like for Novell and Open Suse?

gerowen
January 12th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Oh crap I hadn't heard about this. What happened to Suse did they go under financially or did they just voluntarily sell out? I mean they're one of the original tech companies. I'll have to do some reading.

ilovelinux33467
January 12th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I wonder what is the future like for Novell and Open Suse?

openSUSE should be fine when Attachmate take over. Attachmate said themselves openSUSE is an important part of the SUSE business. The openSUSE project will continue to operate as it always has.

ukripper
January 12th, 2011, 06:39 PM
openSUSE should be fine when Attachmate take over. Attachmate said themselves openSUSE is an important part of the SUSE business. The openSUSE project will continue to operate as it always has.

Time will tell after attachmate sells the SUSE business to some other firm, looking back their track record it would be obvious what they got in plan.