PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] bad login window

lo.j
January 11th, 2011, 12:40 PM
hi all,
i know there are other similar threads about it but i've not managed to find a solution yet...

i recently upgrade to 10.10 and my login window looks like the image attached, not always actually, but often.

does anyone knows what it might depend on?
thank you.

mrkazoodle
January 11th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Isn't it because you use 'switch user' instead of 'log off'? That would explain why you're not logged off.

Switch user interrupts your session, but it keeps it safe by still asking for your password if you want to return to that session.
Log off ends your session.

Both of these commands take you to that login window, where another user can log in. You don't actually need to use the switch user command if you want to switch users.

lo.j
January 11th, 2011, 01:31 PM
ok but that's not what i meant and, probably, it was my fault.

my problem is that my login window looks often different from the default one, attached here.
not always, but often it looks bad, rough...

mrkazoodle
January 11th, 2011, 04:11 PM
it looks like you're using another iconset, I tried that, but I still got the normal login screen (after switching users, maybe I needed to end the session, but I'm not gonna try that out right now)

lo.j
January 11th, 2011, 04:22 PM
no, it seems that something doesn't work properly.
it happens that the window correctly appears with the default style and, suddenly, the screen blinks for a while and it draws the window back with the corrupted style.

mrkazoodle
January 11th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Then I'm afraid I know as much as you do, sorry :(.