PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Rhythmbox/last.fm

Frogs Hair
January 11th, 2011, 03:05 AM
I have searched many times to find out why I can't connect to last.fm via Rhythmbox. I have been to the last.fm forum and read many posts on the topic.

I have an account and listen on both browsers and have used the last.fm software in the software center in the past.

I tried Rythmbox > Edit > Plugins Last.fm > Configure , and entered user name and password. Nothing happens and no error messages .

I don't mind using the browser , but it would be nice to be able to use this plugin. It hasn't worked on 10.04 or 10.10 any suggestions would be great. (Rhythmbox 0.13.1)

Frogs Hair
February 4th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Bring this back for one last try.

presence1960
February 4th, 2011, 02:44 AM
The method you described is exactly how I did mine on 10.04 and 10.10

Frogs Hair
February 4th, 2011, 02:48 AM
When I enter the password the dots appear and when I finish the password they disappear as if logging in and nothing happens.

wojox
February 4th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Works here as well. Do you have all the codecs installed?

Frogs Hair
February 4th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Works here as well. Do you have all the codecs installed?

I use Gstreamer plug-ins and all audio and video works except Last.fm . It plays through Firefox and Opera just fine. I don't get a searching for plug-ins message from Rhythmbox.

Frogs Hair
February 4th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Problem solved without knowing why . I added the Ubuntu 10.10 Rythmbox 13.2 PPA as a last resort and whatever was causing the connection failure was resolved by the PPA.