PDA

View Full Version : I need a favor

Sidk
April 26th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Can you guys that type 20 line post please use that enter key a few times and start a new paragraph. My eyes are getting old and they are hard to read.

Thank you

mips
April 26th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Sure thing, would you like a cup of tea with that ? ;)

Kimm
April 26th, 2006, 05:24 PM
No offence, but starting to adapt posts to fit just one user... is just nog going to happen.

When the text is to small, press CTRL + "+" a couple of times, will size up the text, CTRL + "-" vill make it smaller again. :)

Rikostan
April 26th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Irarelyposthuge,verboseposts,butifIdoI'llmakesuret oreallyspaceitoutforyou.

:D

lotheac
April 26th, 2006, 05:29 PM
No offence, but starting to adapt posts to fit just one user... is just nog going to happen.

When the text is to small, press CTRL + "+" a couple of times, will size up the text, CTRL + "-" vill make it smaller again. :)

You're saying division into paragraphs is a bad thing? :-k

ow50
April 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Agreed.

Additionally, I'd like the old guys who can't read to respect official rule no. 1.

When asking for technical support:

1. Try to give information in the title of your post, instead of using a title like "it's broken," use a title that is specific, such as, "Unable to get sound to play in Firefox." A clear title will attract more views to your thread, as it gives a clear indication of the content of the post to the people that are willing to help you. Ultimately this will allow you to get more help of a better quality.

Sidk
April 26th, 2006, 05:33 PM

LOL, I could make it fit one letter on the screen. That still won't create a paragraph :mrgreen:

Kimm
April 26th, 2006, 05:36 PM
You're saying division into paragraphs is a bad thing?

Nopez, I tend to do it myself, just that trying to affect lots of people by one post rarely works, and that there is another way to make it more readable.

Irarelyposthuge,verboseposts,butifIdoI'llmakesuret oreallyspaceitoutforyou.

Nothing personal... but that was just plain rude.

Sidk
April 26th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Agreed.

Additionally, I'd like the old guys who can't read to respect official rule no. 1.
1. I'm not asking for help per say, just a favor.

2. This is the Cafe.

Rikostan
April 26th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Nopez, I tend to do it myself, just that trying to affect lots of people by one post rarely works, and that there is another way to make it more readable.

LOL rude? It was humorous. See this little icon.. " :D "
That means I am laughing with you, and not AT you.

Lovechild
April 26th, 2006, 05:46 PM
no

absolutely

no

mips
April 26th, 2006, 05:46 PM
The man has a valid point. This is stuff that we were all taught in school or so I hope.

Well structured paragraphs do make things much easier to read. I myself hate those one page long post with no structure.

Stormy Eyes
April 26th, 2006, 06:24 PM
1. I'm not asking for help per say, just a favor.

2. This is the Cafe.

Sidk's got a point. Unless you happen to be a dead, drunken Irishman by the name of James Joyce, you really should be breaking text into paragraphs.

briancurtin
April 26th, 2006, 08:02 PM
wow. come on...

confused57
April 26th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I agree that breaking up a long post into paragraphs makes it easier to read and follow.
Also, I encourage posters to make the title of their posts more descriptive; so that if perchance some useful advice is posted in the thread, it'd be much easier to find it doing a search by title. Doing a general search with several words, you'll get every post with any of the words entered in the search; which involves reading a "plethora" of posts to, hopefully, find what you're looking for.

adamkane
April 27th, 2006, 12:22 AM
I feel your pain. Short and snappy is best.

Christmas
April 27th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Can you guys that type 20 line post please use that enter key a few times and start a new paragraph. My eyes are getting old and they are hard to read.

Thank you

I agree with you on this. It's easier to read and understand a post if the person that posts it uses paragraphs and formats his text accordingly. The way that aysiu posts is one good example for this and I think this stuff is included in the forum's guidelines too, but don't remember.

Iandefor
April 27th, 2006, 02:30 AM
I agree here. It increases readability- or people could use the "increase indent" button.

When I remember to, I try to break my posts into chunks.