PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] bgParse: Fix uneven dual-monitor backgrounds / wallpapers

tanjera
January 11th, 2011, 01:55 AM
I recently switched all my computers over to Linux Mint and I love it. I've always used GNOME, so I'm diehard, even when my dual-monitor setup left me with a wallpaper that was terribly mis-aligned. If you use GNOME and have dual- or multi-monitors of varying sizes, you know exactly what I mean. I whipped up a program in Mono/NET to solve the issue, as well as provide a wallpaper randomizer (similar to Windows' "slideshow" feature)

bgParse is the program I created and posted at aqeria.com, my new site for my home grown open-source bits: http://www.aqeria.com/?p=7

It is open source, compiled for i386/x86 Linux and Windows (yay multi-platform languages), and the source code is there for you to futz with. Mainly, the script needs to be futzed with, as it comes default with my setup. Literally, the script included with the binaries have the settings I use on my computer to achieve the "perfect wallpaper." I just use a directory full of digital blasphemy's images, and voila, properly aligned backgrounds. Just follow the setup instructions if you're an absolute noob (though the scripting and "insert into login script" parts are a bit more complicated for noobs).