PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Live CD FULL, Delete files, but no more available disk space

emeraldinspirations
January 11th, 2011, 01:25 AM
I am booting to the Live CD using a USB Flash drive. When I first logged on there was some small amount of disk space. Over time this disk space has reduced until there is now none left. Now I can not even mount the main hard drive or any flash drives.

I am attempting to remove files from my main hard-drive to a backup drive before installing Ubuntu. So in order to continue, I have to be able to mount the drives.

I have deleted every file I can from the Home folder (on the Live CD), emptied all the Trash folders (root included), deleted all the sample data, Firefox cache, Nautilus cache, and nothing adds any space.

I was planning on moving the home folder to my main hard drive to prevent this from happening again, but I can not because I can not mount the main drive.

I don't know what else I can do except re-burn the ISO. I have attempted to download a replacement ISO (on a second computer) several times and each time the download stops somewhere 38 MB, 692 MB, 325 MB, but never fully downloaded. There is never an error, it just says it is complete. I have tried IE, FireFox, Google Chrome, etc. none of which can download the file.

I don't care about any of the settings or backups the Live CD is storing, I just want to be able to go back to removing my files from the main hard drive.

I don't know what else I can do.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
aufs 124M 121M 0 100% /
none 491M 272K 491M 1% /dev
/dev/sdb1 3.8G 822M 3.0G 22% /cdrom
/dev/loop0 661M 661M 0 100% /rofs
none 497M 112K 497M 1% /dev/shm
tmpfs 497M 2.0M 495M 1% /tmp
none 497M 84K 497M 1% /var/run
none 497M 4.0K 497M 1% /var/lock