PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with KDE applications

edke
January 9th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I recently switched from KDE to Gnome, now I'm looking for alternatives to apps that I used on KDE (just for a change). But there are few that can be hardly replaced (mostly for my wife) and I have to run them under Gnome.

But I ran into some rendering difficulties, I tried to set-up KDE to be more gnomish, but didn't help.

I'm using Radiance theme with Humanity icons. I attached screenies as those flaws are better to be seen as to be described :)

In Gwenview there are white areas in "places" and also tabs font color is white on light background. In KDE's System settings there are some white boxes around icons ...

It kinda frustrates me :) Maybe there is some small thing to do that I somehow overlooked. Any help will be appreciated.

claracc
January 9th, 2011, 10:24 AM
What do you have selected in Qt4 settings?, I mean in appearance I think you have to select GTK+

Perhaps you can try to change icons in gnome appearance, I have gnome icons.

Also in system settings, in the aspect tab I have selected apps, style GTK+, workspace oxygen, in colours you can try different combinations and see what is the better for you, I have in colours, colours, common colours, in icons I selected tangerine.

jerrrys
January 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
you can also load 'gnomecolorchooser' and tweak your colors

edke
January 17th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Thank you all for your tips, I'll try to figure out, how to handle those colors. But I think, that I will find gtk alternatives and dump qt applications :)