PDA

View Full Version : For some goodvibes.

awakatanka
April 26th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Here is a nice link all of you can use.

http://www.ieaddons.com/default.aspx?cid=home&scid=0

:mrgreen:

Hope i never have to use it. I try to avoid the program as much as possible.

Bradley17
April 26th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Im a user of IE7 in windows. I have no problem with it, I think its gr8 that microsoft have created a website to try teach users about the diffrent problems that effect its OS and its software. Its also a good thing that they have provided a common site for addons. Tbh, i've used firefox and another upcoming rival to both opera, and it beats both in terms of features. But IE7 does its job, ofcourse its still vunerable but generally it can only be exploited by visiting dodgey sites in the first place.

And dont get me wrong i use both linux and microsoft, but im open to both thier advantages and disadvantages to BOTH operating systems. Im not biased to one of them

You hate microsoft and its products so dont post about it. Theres really no need.

awakatanka
April 26th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Im a user of IE7 in windows. I have no problem with it, I think its gr8 that microsoft have created a website to try teach users about the diffrent problems that effect its OS and its software. Its also a good thing that they have provided a common site for addons. Tbh, i've used firefox and another upcoming rival to both opera, and it beats both in terms of features. But IE7 does its job, ofcourse its still vunerable but generally it can only be exploited by visiting dodgey sites in the first place.

And dont get me wrong i use both linux and microsoft, but im open to both thier advantages and disadvantages to BOTH operating systems. Im not biased to one of them

You hate microsoft and its products so dont post about it. Theres really no need.I realy dont hate MS, however i don't like they way they have made ie , and because of that i don't trust ie7 also.

I don't like the way it looks also.

But i find it funny they copy again a good product like firefox, and copy almost everything good about it. Hope they copy there security to.

Again i realy don't hate ms, i defend them also a lot of time. I have a job because of them, ( repairing hardware and mostly software ). And using linux and ms.

Bradley17
April 26th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I realy dont hate MS, however i don't like they way they have made ie , and because of that i don't trust ie7 also.

I don't like the way it looks also.

But i find it funny they copy again a good product like firefox, and copy almost everything good about it. Hope they copy there security to.

Again i realy don't hate ms, i defend them also a lot of time. I have a job because of them, ( repairing hardware and mostly software ). And using linux and ms.

First of all Notice that IE has been around longer than firefox .... and that firefox has IE's classic layout. IE copied netscape's layout and design...,

IE7.... wt dont you trust about it ?

You say firefox is more secure.... there has been tests on exploits IE came out with less at the time, however many people branded it as "bcoz they have not been found yet" the same applies to firefox. You can make IE more secure. by using seperate programs, which i mite add are free. (Spybot ... etc etc.

I use both browsers due to using ubuntu, and xp and i believe they are both reasonable decent, they due thier job and thats all i want. I jus dislike the way people sit on here... giving mouth about how microsoft make rubbish software. When its mostly the users lack of knowledge that make it vunerable.

I jus think having read many posts people are to mean to Windows, at the end of the day it made the Home user industry what it is today.

awakatanka
April 26th, 2006, 05:15 PM
First of all Notice that IE has been around longer than firefox .... and that firefox has IE's classic layout. IE copied netscape's layout and design...,

IE7.... wt dont you trust about it ?

You say firefox is more secure.... there has been tests on exploits IE came out with less at the time, however many people branded it as "bcoz they have not been found yet" the same applies to firefox. You can make IE more secure. by using seperate programs, which i mite add are free. (Spybot ... etc etc.

I use both browsers due to using ubuntu, and xp and i believe they are both reasonable decent, they due thier job and thats all i want. I jus dislike the way people sit on here... giving mouth about how microsoft make rubbish software. When its mostly the users lack of knowledge that make it vunerable.

I jus think having read many posts people are to mean to Windows, at the end of the day it made the Home user industry what it is today.Simple fact if you don't use activex youre saver. Why on the world do i want to install extra prg's to surf save? And if Firefox has the same insecure things then i drop it as fast as i drop ie. ATM i surf saver with FF. IE7 maybe saver but i wll see after everyone is using it for a long period. ATM the looks is plain ugly ( my opinion)

MS makes good userfriendly software, but on security they just plain suck. I don't want to tweak and install extra software to be save, security must be number 1.

I don't close my mouth because they made the PC industry where its now, if i don't like it i my have my opinion and you may have yours.

not28
April 26th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I don't think one really copied the other. There are only so many possibilities in making an efficient browser layout.

Reshin
April 26th, 2006, 07:27 PM
The hell...? Those things have price-tags!

prizrak
April 26th, 2006, 07:31 PM
There was a link on digg to someone's article on IE and MS. Too lazy to look it up now, but it basically boils down IE being the biggest mistake that MS ever made. If they got rid of it comepletely (maybe create a very stripped down version for file browser) and just focused on their OS they MIGHT have security issues worked out ;)

Bradley17
April 27th, 2006, 03:43 PM
There was a link on digg to someone's article on IE and MS. Too lazy to look it up now, but it basically boils down IE being the biggest mistake that MS ever made. If they got rid of it comepletely (maybe create a very stripped down version for file browser) and just focused on their OS they MIGHT have security issues worked out ;)

Personally to hell with both of them Opera is better than both.... by far, its had all the features firefox had 4 versions ago, .... its miles better, that both

prizrak
April 27th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Personally to hell with both of them Opera is better than both.... by far, its had all the features firefox had 4 versions ago, .... its miles better, that both
I will not use Opera till it gets live bookmarks.

Bradley17
April 28th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I will not use Opera till it gets live bookmarks.

ok, but in my opinion i want a browser with 2 things.... it has an address bar, and tabbed browsing.

The only other thing it needs is favourites

prizrak
April 28th, 2006, 08:38 PM
ok, but in my opinion i want a browser with 2 things.... it has an address bar, and tabbed browsing.

The only other thing it needs is favourites
Epiphany is your friend then :) It was just a little demonstration on my part of how there is no "One" browser to rule them all :)