PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Media Cloud on Intranet

LinuxMaster9
January 8th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Hi, I'm working with my old High school where my folks work. The school is a boarding school with like 10,000 acres. What I'm explaining here is the relative size of the campus. The school wants to setup a cloud network for streaming media. The idea is for the cloud server to connect to the internet and cache everything for the Intranet. The thin client things ( unsure what to call them ) need to be located in each room and they need a touch screen and controller to let users select the media they wish to view (Netflix, blockbuster, youtube, local media, Facebook, etc.) and the Cloud server would Cache everything and allow the Intranet to view it all fluidly. (on command) The intranet is Fiber. It has Wireless as well. They want Linux and either a Custom build machine/interface or a pre-built machine that fits the purpose of Internet and Media on the Intranet. Again, the idea is that the Cloud server will be the main link to the Net. I have included a Mind Map image of the Idea.

LinuxMaster9
January 9th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Bump!!:confused:

kim0
January 10th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hi there,
So basically you need a caching server for Internet videos? Not sure why do you call that "cloud", it probably isn't. Perhaps you should try the server forums/mailing-list or google for that

LinuxMaster9
January 10th, 2011, 10:19 PM
well, the school wants to run a cloud based on this Idea. They have their own library of media they want to use a private cloud to handle on the Intranet.