PDA

View Full Version : After using wubi it cant find .iso

kingdavidd
January 8th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Hey guys im completely new to ubuntu my problem is i am running win7 and i used wubi and installed ubuntu 64 bit when i reboot to finish installation it says it can find the .iso and to chkdsk /r so i do that and check to make sure that it is there and the .iso is the right spot and it still doesn't work. Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

bcbc
January 8th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Place the wubi.exe and the .iso (unexpanded) in the same folder. Run wubi.exe from there. Don't install to a dynamic drive.

Once installed, don't update packages grub-pc and grub-common after installing (when Update Manager prompts you to install updates, check the "Recommended" list and uncheck these if you find them).

kingdavidd
January 8th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Place the wubi.exe and the .iso (unexpanded) in the same folder. Run wubi.exe from there. Don't install to a dynamic drive.

Once installed, don't update packages grub-pc and grub-common after installing (when Update Manager prompts you to install updates, check the "Recommended" list and uncheck these if you find them).
all i have done is ran wubi then it downloaded it then installed then it asked to reboot i did then selected ubuntu instead of win7 and it said can find the .iso any know its there.