PDA

View Full Version : Integrating drivers

fonix232
January 8th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I have a nice old Motion M1400 tablet, and I would like to install Ubuntu Netbook Remix on it.

The problem is, the integrated Intel 855GMA graphics accelerator is not supported for 3D graphics by default. For this, I would like to integrate:
a, The latest official Intel drivers
b, The 2010Q4 Intel Linux Graphics drivers.

Also, sound drivers would be needed too I guess (I got no sound working on it), and anything else what is needed.

So final question: how to integrate these stuffs (and also, how could I remove unneeded apps) into the installer itself? I can only do it from USB (no Firewire CD drive).

Any help appreciated!

dino99
January 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Intel dropped support for that chipset (855GM) a long time ago

and it was known as a bad 3d chipset, so you can dream a lot but in real life forget 3d and use light desktop like lxde (lubuntu)

fonix232
January 9th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Intel dropped support for that chipset (855GM) a long time ago

and it was known as a bad 3d chipset, so you can dream a lot but in real life forget 3d and use light desktop like lxde (lubuntu)

I know the support was dropped (actually not so long ago, less than a year ago), that's why I mentioned the other possible drivers from IntelLinuxGraphics (what still supports the 855GMA. But question is, how could I edit the installer to exclude some apps, and add my owns what I need (unity 2d as an example, etc).