PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Running a .bat file?

d2earth
January 8th, 2011, 01:46 PM
hey, So i've been playing runescape private servers, Now i have downloaded a client and need the .bat to run so i can gain access to the server.
Here's what i think may be part needed to run it, my java location.

/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/javaand heres what the .bat looks like

@echo off
title New Era
start javaw -Xmx300m Jframe 10 0 highmem members 32
EXITOk, so what do i have to do to make this work?
Thanks in advance.

essecks
January 8th, 2011, 02:01 PM
The .bat extension gives away the fact that it's a batch file (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batch_file), which is designed for and will only run on a Windows operating system. This means it won't run from your computer, if you're running Ubuntu.

d2earth
January 8th, 2011, 02:10 PM
i have wine can it be done with that? I read you can also make an executable .sh file and give it chmod to run the rspc client? these are things i've read on, trying to find out how to do it is the hard part for me. I know for a fact it can be done.

d2earth
January 8th, 2011, 02:49 PM
BUMP, really need help here

hugmenot
January 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Forget the .bat file.

The only significant line in there is this one:

javaw -Xmx300m Jframe 10 0 highmem members 32

There’s no javaw, just java.

The question is from which directory you have to run this. You probably need to cd into the folder with Jframe.class in it. Or you define the CLASSPATH to point to it.

psusi
January 8th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Yep, just running java -Xmx300m Jframe 10 0 highmem members 32 should do it, if you have java installed.

cgroza
January 8th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I had success with WINE running batch files. Those are simple files and WINE has a cmd.exe like program.

hugmenot
January 8th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I had success with WINE running batch files. Those are simple files and WINE has a cmd.exe like program.

Why? There’s quite evidently only one effective line in it.

cgroza
January 8th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I know, the batch files are used to automate things usually.