PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz Effects Always Slow After 'Reload Window Manager'

alsamman
January 8th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Anytime I click Reload Window Manager, everything reloads fine but stuff like wobbly window and minimize/close effects lag and aren't smooth anymore and it stays like that until I log out and log back in. Before I click it, everything works perfect and smooth but I am not sure why it suddenly goes all laggy after a reload.

Krytarik
January 8th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Where do you find this option, and why do you use it?

alsamman
January 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM
On the compiz desktop icon, and I use it because sometimes the window border doesn't load for some reason when I log in so I have no close/maximize/minimize buttons but when I click Reload Window Manager it fixes it but then the effects get all laggy.

Krytarik
January 8th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Check if you get the same behaviour by reloading Compiz with this command via Alt+F2 or a terminal:

compiz --replace

alsamman
January 9th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Check if you get the same behaviour by reloading Compiz with this command via Alt+F2 or a terminal:

compiz --replace

interesting. When i do compiz --replace i dont get the lag; only when i use the compiz desktop icon to reload compiz. I guess its some problem with the icon

Krytarik
January 9th, 2011, 12:48 AM
interesting. When i do compiz --replace i dont get the lag; only when i use the compiz desktop icon to reload compiz. I guess its some problem with the icon
Cool! :D

Then you may just create a launcher for the command and place it in a panel.