PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Live USB or Live SDHC?

raydar670
January 7th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I've been using Ubuntu for a while on my home computer. I finally got around to trying it on my laptop, a Toshiba Portege M750, and I was surprised that both the touch screen and the stylus worked :D.

I want to use Ubuntu, but I have to keep my hard drive free and just for Windows 7. Since my computer has ability to boot from USB or SDHC I want to know which would have better performance. I will be using a Class 4 SDHC card with the card reader.

Thanks for your help. (Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum I'm new to this site).

Edit: Also by any chance does anyone know how to change the color of the text of the cpu frequency scaler on the taskbar.

wilee-nilee
January 7th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Really it depends on the quality of either I suspect. I have a digital traveler 16 gig thumb that seems to run faster the my 16 gig class 10 sdhc, trial and error see what works on your system probably. The sdhc is a middle of the road quality, but it does transfer just data at 20 Mib, so it seems to be as a data device working where it should, seems to lag though as a OS device.

raydar670
January 7th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Thanks, I guess I'll try both and see what's faster.