PDA

View Full Version : [other] Windows Vista Ultimate > Ubuntu Desktop 10.10

Ky1607
January 7th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Greetings,

Recently I've downloaded Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 32 bit, and wanted to change my Windows system over to Lunux.

Before doing the installation of Ubuntu Desktop, I've created a new drive in Windows Vista and got my important files in it. (20 GB Disk)

Then i started the installation and formatted my whole system, I didn't change any options in the installation only using the entire disk for installation.

After Ubuntu Desktop has been successfully installed, I tried opening the disk i created earlier on in Windows Vista, But i could not find the disk in ' Computer ' of Ubuntu.

I believe the disk i created in Windows Vista was not deleted by Ubuntu Installation, Because i have a 300 GB hard disk, and the current disk space in Ubuntu was " 269 GB " as the disk i created in Windows Vista was 20GB.

Hope you guys can help me get Ubuntu Desktop to read the disk i created in Windows Vista, I have lots of important files in it.

(Note: My Windows Vista OS was totally deleted and it's running Ubuntu Desktop 10.10)

Best Regards,
Kelvin Yong