PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 Installation Problem

angeliconi13
January 7th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Hi I'm new to ubuntu and would like to try it on my laptop. I need help!! T_T
I downloaded the ubuntu Desktop i3386 iso and followed the instructions to install from windows. I'm a windows 7 user. So after rebooting, I booted using ubuntu and as it was loading, I left my laptop idle for a few minutes and it suddenly booted windows 7. I restarted and booted ubuntu only to find that it has become command prompt format instead of the usual gui. Then when I tried to use it, it turns to blackscreen and the only thing that produces a response is by hitting the power. It then warns me that the power button has been pressed. The model of my loptop is Toshiba Satellite L640.
It says it has security error. Will post later the details of the error.

theasprint
January 7th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Hi,

So I would like to know if you've used an Wubi install or the Original install.

The difference between the Wubi and Original install is that the Wubi install is executed with the Wubi.exe program for Windows. Also the Wubi install uses the Windows Bootloader, compared to the original install which uses the Grub2 Bootloader.

However, to provide better information to the users of the forum:

Can you go and boot from a LiveCD (that means Try Ubuntu without Changes), and then access the Internet, and then download the Bootinfoscript in the link in my signature below. Then follow the instructions in the link and post the results (results.txt) in this thread. Use the [CODE] tags to wrap the text up in a nice box.

This would give an overview of the whole system, and thus check if there are any installation errors.

angeliconi13
January 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I used the wubi installer. I think my problem is similar to the one posted here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1413336 but the difference is that I already enabled the NX but it still loads via command prompt. I will try loading via LiveCD and post the results. Thanks for the info. ^^,