PDA

View Full Version : Inventory software

c00lwaterz
January 7th, 2011, 03:50 AM
hi,

anyone know where i can get simple inventory system or software for windows? I need to track down our stockroom inventory. software that can add and deduct items and compute total balance.

I need freeware or opensource. Thanks if there is for linux, it is ok but our computers in office use windows as required by the principal. any help is appreciated.

pls don't flame my post

thanks

dh04000
January 7th, 2011, 04:00 AM
I am also interested in similar software.

RiceMonster
January 7th, 2011, 04:05 AM
If you don't need a centralized database, it would be really easy to whip this up in excel.

If you need a centralized database for multiple computers, it would also be easy to create a CRUD application in VB.NET that uses SQL Server. If you know how to program and are familiar with SQL, that is.

wojox
January 7th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Or even Access. There are wizards in there that will build it for you.

cariboo
January 7th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Check Freshmeat.net (http://freshmeat.net/), there are quite a few web based inventory programs available.

c00lwaterz
January 7th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Thank you so much for many replies. appreciated so much. :p hope more source available for this inventory software. it is not centralize. i forgot already vb.net. I just need some ready to install software.

c00lwaterz
January 8th, 2011, 11:43 PM
my dad wants me to make inventory for the auto parts of his truck. the purchases. he wants the inventory to add and has delete function and total balance of that item. any of his truck that ordered the parts or repair will be record as client.

example is he has truck 1, truck2, truck3. when his truck 1 need some parts then he will input it in computer then input what it needs then auto deduct from inventory. something like that. :D

thanks for the help. thanks caribo, i will try some in freshmeat. I need some easy to use software. I will try all suggestion that is free or open source.

thanks so much

cariboo
January 9th, 2011, 02:14 AM
For the web based programs, you can get xampp (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1662447) for Windows

martinchris
November 30th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Well, we use mclane logistics technology's inventory management software .. but thats a paid one...

cariboo
November 30th, 2012, 05:59 PM
This thread is almost 2 years old, and the op hasn't logged on the forums since August 2011. Thread closed.