PDA

View Full Version : Allowing a program to dictate my life

ki4jgt
January 6th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I want to write a program which will control an aspect of my life. (What ever the program says, I want to do.) So what aspect should I give to the program?

Examples: Diet, Sleeping pattern, hobbies :-) you get the picture.

Glenn nl
January 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Social life? :D

(No offence :P)

forrestcupp
January 6th, 2011, 05:24 PM
How about steering your car? :)

Grenage
January 6th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Isn't what you describe.... a diary?

Or are you looking to create something more active, such as a device which will sedate you when you should be asleep.

sudoer541
January 6th, 2011, 06:12 PM
You should be more creative.
If I was you, I would create program that would remind the elderly to take their pills (the right kind, amount and time)
At the end I would donate this to a seniors clinic/ home

madjr
January 6th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I want to write a program which will control an aspect of my life. (What ever the program says, I want to do.) So what aspect should I give to the program?

Examples: Diet, Sleeping pattern, hobbies :-) you get the picture.

why not just get married?

is about the same thing. :p

blithen
January 6th, 2011, 06:22 PM
...Why?

Simian Man
January 6th, 2011, 06:31 PM

Nice.

MisterGaribaldi
January 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM
"I want to become co-dependent!" "I don't want to be self-sufficient!"

Sorry, that's all I see in this thread.

uRock
January 6th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Join the military. You won't have to make another decision until you are up for 2-6 years. They will take care of your diet, sleep patterns, and fund your hobbies.

pricetech
January 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM

OP said he wanted the program to control some aspect of his life, not all aspects of his life.

earthpigg
January 6th, 2011, 08:26 PM
My cell phone's alarm program controls when I vacuum. Else, I'd procrastinate endlessly and never vacuum.

ki4jgt
January 6th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking about making a list of new things to learn and learning them day by day.

earthpigg
January 6th, 2011, 08:37 PM
There was a cold era film that came out of Poland.

It featured a very enthusiastic 80s computer programmer that had written a computer program to determine when it would be safe for his kid to walk out on the ice.

The kid died.

The unspoken moral of the story was that God created man and gave man common sense. Trusting a creaton of man over man's own reason and common sense is equivelant to placing another god before God, and the child's death was a natural consequence of that choice.

KiwiNZ
January 6th, 2011, 09:09 PM
For the fear of breaking the Code of Conduct I will just say ....

Why , why why ???????????????:confused:

koenn
January 6th, 2011, 09:20 PM
OP said he wanted the program to control some aspect of his life, not all aspects of his life.

besides that, you can stop the program ...

koenn
January 6th, 2011, 09:21 PM
just for fun ?

KiwiNZ
January 6th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Write a script that shuts down your PC on start up, then you can spend all day starting your PC. Your PC will then dictate your life. :p

ki4jgt
January 6th, 2011, 09:31 PM
just for fun ?

Pretty much :-) That's the best reason for programming anything. Oh and I need something to push me to do something, you know, jog, learn something, Record a video to Youtube, you know, the works. So I figure if I put all this into a program which generates things randomly, Hey, I may get somewhere.

koenn
January 6th, 2011, 09:37 PM
, Hey, I may get somewhere.
make it network-capable and add a chat function. It'll be big on Facebook.

forrestcupp
January 6th, 2011, 10:08 PM

But a wife is proprietary and costs a lot. :)

ki4jgt
January 6th, 2011, 10:12 PM

I like that notion, but I want my s/o to be creative and want to explore life to it's fullest potential. RVing, Camping, water skiing, skydiving, sledding :-) The works

koenn
January 6th, 2011, 10:13 PM
... life to it's fullest potential. RVing, Camping, water skiing, skydiving, sledding :-) The works
there's more to life than thrill seeking
:-)

ki4jgt
January 6th, 2011, 10:16 PM
there's more to life than thrill seeking
:-)

Yes, but you only get life once. I want to be there as she gives birth, as we get old, you know that kind of thing. You can either see everything as a miracle, or nothing as a miracle.

leclerc65
January 6th, 2011, 10:45 PM
My wife would love to have something to control ME not her.:p

Dustin2128
January 7th, 2011, 12:58 AM
For probably the first time ever, I totally agree with you.

ki4jgt
January 7th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Is there a program which allows the user to start a forum locally? If not, that's what I'm going to work on tonight. Already got how it will behave down pat. Try to have it by in the morning to show you guys :-)

MartyBuntu
January 8th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Yes, but you only get life once. I want to be there as she gives birth, as we get old, you know that kind of thing. You can either see everything as a miracle, or nothing as a miracle.

Wait until you get divorced. It'll be a miracle if you end up with any loose change in your pockets.

:o

Rachel_Eliason
January 8th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I recall seeing this thing on the news once about a guy who would post a picture of three different outfits on his blog and let his reader decide which he should wear the next day. Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

I have already found a program that controls a big chunk of my life. about a month ago I found some writing software that helps you organize your novel. since then I have ignored my blogs and my social life, because I am so wrapped up in a new novel.:o

cascade9
January 8th, 2011, 11:07 AM

Not all of them, but the open saucy models have had a lot of complaints.....:lolflag:

ki4jgt
January 8th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Wait until you get divorced. It'll be a miracle if you end up with any loose change in your pockets.

:o

I'm sorry, but not all marriages end in divorce.

uRock
January 8th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I like that notion, but I want my s/o to be creative and want to explore life to it's fullest potential. RVing, Camping, water skiing, skydiving, sledding :-) The works
Mine is three years ahead of me in college and she's the bread winner of the family, so technically, I am the expensive one.:)

Get out and live life while you can.