PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to kill the drum roll from Hell?

richpri
January 6th, 2011, 04:11 PM
After installing 10.10, I get blasted out of my seat by a VERY loud drum sound when the sign in menu displays. I have looked around but I cannot find any way to turn off or turn down this sound. It happens before I sign in and thus preferences is of no help. How can I make this drum roll quiet?

drs305
January 6th, 2011, 04:15 PM
One option: System, Preferences, Sound, Sound Effects: No sounds. There is a sound volume slider there as well, that may tone it down, as well as a mute button.

richpri
January 6th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks for your prompt response. I checked again and your suggestion has no effect on the drum roll that occurs before you sign in. It does stop the ditty that occurs when you sign in. But that is not the problem because I can control the volume of that ditty. I need to know how to kill that pre sign in drum roll!

drs305
January 6th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Ok, then try System, Admin, Login, Play login sound. Sorry about the false lead in the other post.

the.scarecrow
January 6th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Ubuntu Tweak gives an easy way to change many settings, including the Login page. I find it to be a useful application that allows control of most Ubuntu settings.