PDA

View Full Version : unban request

anystupidname1
January 6th, 2011, 01:30 AM
My original username "anystupidname" was banned a long time ago for reasons unspecified and I've tried several times to get it unbanned but have not been going about it the right way apparently. Can anybody assist me please?

"You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Joeb454
January 6th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I appreciate the ban message states that there was no reason given, however, I can see that you received 2 messages regarding the inappropriateness of your avatar choices prior to the ban, which didn't seem to make you change them.

It also appears that you have held this 2nd account since the day the first was banned. As you may be aware, duplicate accounts are not permitted here, and normally results in a ban of any secondary accounts.

That said, however, you do not appear to have caused any trouble since joining, and do not have an avatar inappropriate for these forums. With that in mind, I am willing to leave this account open, and leave the old one as is. I hope you think this a fair compromise, given the circumstances.

anystupidname1
January 6th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Thank you for reminding me. How long ago was that? As I recall, I changed the avatar when that unreasonable guy complained about it (even though the avatar wasn't "inappropriate"). I'm sure you see the reasoning for the second account. I'd really like to have access to those original posts. What would you suggest?

anystupidname1
January 6th, 2011, 03:09 AM
How about for a shrubbery?

Joeb454
January 6th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Thank you for reminding me. How long ago was that? As I recall, I changed the avatar when that unreasonable guy complained about it (even though the avatar wasn't "inappropriate"). I'm sure you see the reasoning for the second account. I'd really like to have access to those original posts. What would you suggest?

July 2009. Judging by the avatar saved to that account currently (you can't view it publically), it was very much inappropriate, and I can fully support the warnings.

The original posts will still be here, they just won't add to your account. There's no other way to give you access to them, unfortunately.

How about for a shrubbery?

As much as that comment made me smile, my answer stays the same, and I can't change anything else.

anystupidname1
January 7th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Are we talking about the same avatar my dear kniggit?!?
flickr dot com/photos/creativecriminal/324627419/#/photos/creativecriminal/324627419/lightbox/
I used that avatar on all the forums at the time without any complaints. Since I obviously failed to remove it as intended, can you do so for me and re-activate that account please? As you can see from my current login, I don't feel particularly strongly about having any kind of avatar (just about freedom of expression).

Happy new year.

bodhi.zazen
January 7th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Your previous account, anystupidname, was banned for your failure to abide by the code of conduct despite polite requests from to staff to change. This is the consequence of your previous actions and will not be reversed.

As a compromise to your current request, you may keep this account and you are welcome to the forums as long as you abide by the code of conduct.

I would remind you that we do not allow duplicate accounts and, if you violate the code of conduct, the threshold to ban this account will be low to ban this account as well.

anystupidname1
January 8th, 2011, 01:55 AM
What a circus. You're the ape that banned me in the first place. Please remove all information from both accounts and close them. Unless and until these forums are better managed, I'm not going to contribute to them any more. Ubuntuforums should take a good hard look at the mods they've appointed.

bodhi.zazen
January 8th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Somehow I am not surprised.

Good luck to you.