PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz installed but didnt work

crooper
January 6th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Hi,
I'm using ubuntu 10.10 for a while. I've installed compiz,emerald,ccsm and compiz icon. I^ve changed visual efects to custom but anything happened. There isnt any visual effect.
How can i enable compiz ? Help.
Thanks.

Crazedpsyc
January 6th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Open up ccsm and enable some of the features (System>Prefs/Admin>CompizConfig Settings Manager)

mcduck
January 6th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Hi,
I'm using ubuntu 10.10 for a while. I've installed compiz,emerald,ccsm and compiz icon. I^ve changed visual efects to custom but anything happened. There isnt any visual effect.
Thanks.

What exactly did you do to install these?

Compiz is installed by default, has been for quite a few Ubuntu releases now. Trying to install another version on top of it could very well be the reason for your problems...

crooper
January 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM
i searched "compiz" on ubuntu software center, and installed compiz,emerald and ccsm then enabled some features . Shotcuts or window properties didnt change.

mcduck
January 6th, 2011, 06:47 PM
i searched "compiz" on ubuntu software center, and installed compiz,emerald and ccsm then enabled some features . Shotcuts or window properties didnt change.

Kind of strange if Compiz wasn't already istalled, like I said it's been part of the default install for a long time now.

Anyway, what happens if you open a terminal and run "compiz --replace"?

ellalan
January 6th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Also check whether you have simple ccsm enabled in synaptics.

Krytarik
January 7th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Hi,
Thanks.
Try selecting "Normal" or "Extra".

crooper
January 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Krytarik (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1187548); i try but still same.
ellalan (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=512683); ccsm is enabled, ive checked.
i run "compiz --replace" and many errors r printend to terminal. :S

edit: i reinstall all the components of compiz and now its work. There was a installation problem i think. So many thanks for help. :)