PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to CES???

samalex
January 5th, 2011, 03:05 PM
CES starts today, so just curious if anyone is going. And if you're not planning on watching it? I'll be keeping an eye on the TWIT feed throughout the week because last year their coverage was amazing plus they did some great interviews.

Also does Linux have much of a presence at CES? Seems like 10 years or more ago when you saw photos from the floor of Comdex you saw lots of Linux vendors, but anymore I rarely hear about Linux when people talk about trade shows like CES and the now defunct Comdex.

madjr
January 5th, 2011, 06:15 PM
i wish i could go :(

piquat
January 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Not going but intently insterested. Need a new phone. What they (Verizon) show will either get me to wait a month or two or just go ahead and get a 1 year on a Droid X.

samalex
January 6th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Not going but intently insterested. Need a new phone. What they (Verizon) show will either get me to wait a month or two or just go ahead and get a 1 year on a Droid X.

I care nothing about an iPhone on Verizon, but I will say I've had my DroidX for 4 months now and love it! Personally though I really think Verizon's announcements will be about 4G, Gingerbread (Android 3.0), and tablets like the Motorola Xoom. Apple won't let Verizon steal their thunder by announcing anything related to the iPhone unless Jobs makes a surprising appearance during the announcement which I doubt will happen.