PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a good pic of Tux like this?

dgw
January 5th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I'm trying to find a picture of Tux with a strong white outline and a black background, possibly with an Ubuntu logo on his tummy. I'm going to shrink it and print it on sticker paper to cover the Windows keys on my keyboards.

I've been looking through Google images for some time. I found one pic that looked good on my computer, but when I printed it, Tux faded into the background. :( I'm absolutely horrible at image editing.

edit: I also prefer Tux to not be cross-eyed.

theraje
January 5th, 2011, 08:43 AM
I've been looking through Google images for some time. I found one pic that looked good on my computer, but when I printed it, Tux faded into the background. :( I'm absolutely horrible at image editing.

edit: I also prefer Tux to not be cross-eyed.

Sounds like your screen isn't calibrated properly. It's nothing to worry about (most monitor screens are factory-calibrated to look "good", not "accurate"), just might explain the difference in screen vs. print quality.

Why not just do like a white silhouette of Tux on a black background? That would look more classy, IMHO.

dgw
January 5th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I'm not worried about my screen being calibrated wrong. I suppose maybe it is, but it's never been a problem before.

Why not just do like a white silhouette of Tux on a black background? That would look more classy, IMHO.

I have no idea how to do this. Do you know of a guide that would explain how to add a silhouette to an image?

dgw
January 5th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I found a good enough image of Tux, put the Ubuntu logo on his tummy, and made the stickers. Um...thread solved. :p

alaukikyo
January 5th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I found a good enough image of Tux, put the Ubuntu logo on his tummy, and made the stickers. Um...thread solved. :p

Could you share it with others?

dgw
January 5th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Sure. If you print the .pdf, the little tux's with Ubuntu logos on their tummies are about the right size to cover a key (you have to cut a little extra off the sides). I put some other linux and Ubuntu stuff to fill the sheet. The "powered by Ubuntu" stickers come out way too large and aren't useful, but the rest are ok.

alaukikyo
January 8th, 2011, 03:59 PM