PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] copniz burn effect help

ryan andrews
January 4th, 2011, 09:35 AM
well i installed compiz on my ubuntu 10

after giving command ccsm command in terminal it says no python pakages found , dont wory its optional

when the setting manager of compiz opened i did not foud any enable add on in effect menu

there was only standard animations like glide , magic lamp

and i did not find any burn effect ,,

i am well aware that you have to enable animation add on but i didnot find any option like this please tell me what went wrong!!

](*,)

ellalan
January 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Which version of Ubuntu(10.04 or 10.10),which version of Compiz? have you installed Fusion icon, ubuntu-restricted-extras in Synaptics package manager.
If you have Compiz 8.2, burn effect should be in as default.

piquat
January 4th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I have 8.2 and I had to install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra to get the burn effect. That installed "Animations Addon" in effects in compiz. Without that, I have no burn effect, among others...

Edit: Almost forgot, that plugin is in the repos.

realzippy
January 4th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Which version of Ubuntu(10.04 or 10.10),which version of Compiz? have you installed Fusion icon, ubuntu-restricted-extras in Synaptics package manager.
If you have Compiz 8.2, burn effect should be in as default.

Fire plugin is not installed by default,also fusion-icon or ubuntu-restricted-extras have nothing to do with the "paint fire on desktop" compiz plugin.
You have to install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra and restart compiz.

sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra

ellalan
January 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Fire plugin is not installed by default,also fusion-icon or ubuntu-restricted-extras have nothing to do with the "paint fire on desktop" compiz plugin.
You have to install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra and restart compiz.

sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
Thank you.

ryan andrews
January 8th, 2011, 05:53 PM
well thanks i used that code and it solved my problem!!!

cheers!!!!!!!!!:D:popcorn: