PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] AwesomeWM and Gnome and Number Pad

Fancycakes
January 4th, 2011, 04:27 AM
I just recently started using AwesomeWM with Gnome on Ubuntu 10.04 and I have come across an interesting functionality: my number pad, whether num lock is on or off, controls the movement of the mouse.

I was wondering at first if this was something I could edit in my rc.lua, but I haven't found anything to the effect. I have consulted Professor Google to no avail. Is this a normal functionality, or have I just drawn the short straw?

cipherboy_loc
January 4th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Open up gnome-control-center, and in either the mouse or the keyboard properties, it will give you the option of controlling the mouse with with the number keys. Uncheck that box.

Cipherboy

Fancycakes
January 4th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Open up gnome-control-center, and in either the mouse or the keyboard properties, it will give you the option of controlling the mouse with with the number keys. Uncheck that box.

Cipherboy

Perfect! Thank you very much, good sir.

arch0njw
January 10th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I don't know what I did, but somehow this got turned on. This toggle is easy to find, but when you don't know how it got automagically turned on it becomes quite a little mystery.

Thanks!

arch0njw
January 10th, 2011, 08:31 PM
... when you don't know how it got automagically turned on it becomes quite a little mystery...

As usual, 10 seconds more of searching found an answer over here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9369253

So, mystery resolved. All due to fat-fingers...