PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Ubuntu team!!!

Guid0
February 22nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
I just ordered 30 copies of Ubuntu...we have a gaming league that I plan to disperse these CDs to. I am also a student at JSCC and we are going to distribute the distro to our programming/OS majors. Students need to learn Unix....
I hope the order isn't too much to ask for?
\\:D/

Guid0

paul cooke
February 22nd, 2005, 10:58 PM
I just ordered 30 copies of Ubuntu...we have a gaming league that I plan to disperse these CDs to. I am also a student at JSCC and we are going to distribute the distro to our programming/OS majors. Students need to learn Unix....

Guid0

well you could help out when you get them by requesting that all recipients make an extra set or more to pass on and try and get a snowball effect going on... or else at your next LAN party having a mass duplication session where you try to make as many good copies in the between game breaks and wind down period...

daniels
February 23rd, 2005, 08:36 AM
Absolutely not -- please order more if you can give them away.

neighborlee
February 23rd, 2005, 09:01 AM

Guid0
------------
excellent...the more linux users that use linux games the quicker linux adoption will spread....

use linux games ;-))

excelllent!!

btw..which games do you enjoy..my favs are nwn, uplink, darwinia ?, tale in the desert, vendetta, ut2k4 ( tons of mods and some real cute ( hamsterbash) ) and robinhood..many others but those are main ones..

cheers
nl

defkewl
February 23rd, 2005, 09:08 AM

Guid0
Giving some donation to the developer would be highly appreciated.

MaZiNgA
February 23rd, 2005, 02:15 PM
Ahh I just purely enjoy the spreading of Ubuntu... :D

akurashy
February 23rd, 2005, 03:27 PM
i just ordered 60 cds more my other box is almost finished (been spreading ubuntu around ^_^)

long live ubuntu! :D

Guid0
February 23rd, 2005, 04:13 PM
i just ordered 60 cds more my other box is almost finished (been spreading ubuntu around ^_^)

long live ubuntu! :D

Yeah..if I knew more people here in town I would distribute them by standing in front of walmart... :grin:
Interesting little tidbit...a non-profit organization here in town is migrating all desktops to Knoppix...maybe Ubuntu should be there instead.