PDA

View Full Version : Just took the plunge....

Donalt2010
January 2nd, 2011, 05:49 PM
and installed my first rom on my HTC Desire. Cyanogen, bit of a scary experience as im voiding the warranty by doing so. im such a rebel lol. Things are going well so far, no bricking or anything. Takes about 20 minutes right?

Spr0k3t
January 2nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
Cyanogen is probably the best mod out there. At least it's the most actively produced and used. There's a few changes I would make to it but so far I definitely like it. Don't forget to grab SetCPU for some speed tweaking on that phone.

Out of curiosity, which method are you using to install your custom rom? Clockworkmod?

Donalt2010
January 2nd, 2011, 06:11 PM
I'm using rom manager, with clockworkmod as the recovery. Is that right?? Sorta really new to this flashing business. And so far its still on the cyanogen loading screen....I'm scared:(

NCLI
January 2nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
I'm using rom manager, with clockworkmod as the recovery. Is that right?? Sorta really new to this flashing business. And so far its still on the cyanogen loading screen....I'm scared:(

Did you wipe your phone before installing? If not, boot back into Clockworkmod recovery, and choose to wipe the /system partition.

Donalt2010
January 2nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Just did, i hope this works here

NCLI
January 2nd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Just did, i hope this works here
Please let us know how it went. There are several other things you can do to get it working ;)

Spr0k3t
January 2nd, 2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah, you will need to wipe the data as it's a different rom and some settings will keep it from booting.

Donalt2010
January 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Still no joy people... Freaking out here

Donalt2010
January 5th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Ok so I finally got it sorted, had to install it from sd card in the recovery manager.. Have to say I'm impressed so far, the only little thing bugging me is the haptic feed back which isnt working when I'm texting, tried adjusting it but maybe it'll iron out in a few days:)