PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with my system?

sami8519
January 2nd, 2011, 03:01 PM
Hi,

using htop I have just taken a snapshot of my system, could you please take a look at this snapshot to tell me if is it normal or is badly working? I see all processes are full, cpus, memories, etc...

I am now watching a HDTV channel and without any interruption in picture but I am lightly worried by this cpu usage. Admittedly I am using small HDD space because my aim was first to give it a try as I already have VDR up and running but I guess I am now loving it:)(please look at my signature if my system is good or bad).

Thanks and regards
Sami
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9853/27626334.png

newlinux
January 2nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Looks like your machine was flagging commercials at the same time you were playing back HD. this can lead to high CPU usage (commercial flagging can use up a lot of CPU). Your memory was only half being used, and swap not at all. This doesn't look to problematic to me for what you were trying to do at the time.

sami8519
January 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks mate, I will just turn off flag commercials then. Also after I assigned the livetv and recording functions entirely to my external HDD(coz my mythbuntu partition is only 20Gb) the cpus are functioning alot alot better now.

Best Regards
Sami