PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Caliber Vs. Hardy 8.04

freeediver
January 2nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Will it work and how do I install it?

Thanks

Ravenshade
January 2nd, 2011, 07:47 AM
I'm sorry, could you outline your question? Will what work? Your asking for an installation of one item, yet your subject refers to a comparison of two?

freeediver
January 2nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
OK I have Hardy 8.04 and I would like to install Caliber Software into my comp. Toshiba Satellite A105-S2031 with 1 gig ram.
The Caliber site does not list Hardy as supported only Jaunty.
How do I get it done??
An E-Reader is in my future and I'm just trying to get the ducks in a row. Got any advice for a E-Reader ??

Thanks

Ravenshade
January 2nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
I think Jaunty is version 7 so you should *should* be fine, though I'd recommend trying to find it through the repositories first.

freeediver
January 3rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
I wish jaunty was #7 but Jaunty is 9.04 and I currently have
I am also debating jumping to #10.04.01 but I just found out that my current video graphics drivers will not be supported.
I can't afford a new comp so I will likely wait as long as possible before jumping.

mastablasta
January 3rd, 2011, 02:20 PM
if you have older ATI card you will need to use opensource drivers. same goes for nvidia and intel. opensource are sometimes just fine other times not so good. what you could do is download 10.04, burn it and try it live just to see how well it actually works on your computer.

it's can't be so old (the computer) if it has 1GB ram. my wife has a laptop with 256 Mb ram running Ubuntu 10.04 just fine. in fact better than the recently upgraded maschine.