PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] deleting dual boot

cichlidius
January 1st, 2011, 11:46 PM
Hello, I would like to give ubuntu a try. I have never used linux before and would like to try out a dual boot to see what I think. If it doesnt work out though I would like an easy way to remove ubuntu. Is it possible to remove ubuntu right inside windows 7? Thanks for any help.

Frogs Hair
January 2nd, 2011, 12:21 AM
You could try Wubi the Windows installer , which installs Ubuntu inside Windows making it easy to remove from add/remove programs.https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide

Downloading the ISO and running from the cd is another option for testing Ubuntu . The cd will include the Windows installer. Running from the cd may be slower , but you can see how your hardware works with Ubuntu with no commitment.

bcbc
January 2nd, 2011, 12:54 AM
That's a good way to try it.

But there is an issue with Wubi at the moment which you need to avoid: when Update Manager prompts you, go through the whole list and uncheck grub-pc and grub-common (under the "Recommended" updates). If you update these it will stop the install from booting.

cichlidius
January 2nd, 2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys, I just ran it off the cd. Decided that it just wasn't for me though. Appreciate the help.