PDA

View Full Version : What type of headphones do you use?

ki4jgt
January 1st, 2011, 09:34 AM
We all have our own headphones of choice. Which ones are for you?

kostkon
January 1st, 2011, 09:41 AM
I always use good quality earbud headphones.

dgw
January 1st, 2011, 09:42 AM
I bought wireless headphones recently, I like them

Kalimol
January 1st, 2011, 09:42 AM
This (http://www.amazon.com/GE-98934-Headset-Detachable-Microphone/dp/B003YL787U/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1293871123&sr=1-8) gorgeously geometric and portable set from GE. Foam causes irritation for me, so the vinyl covers are nice, and they're equally nice for media, Skype, and cell.

I dislike earbuds, although I have a pair in my computer bag for when I don't happen to have the headset with me.

ki4jgt
January 1st, 2011, 09:48 AM
This (http://www.amazon.com/GE-98934-Headset-Detachable-Microphone/dp/B003YL787U/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1293871123&sr=1-8) gorgeously geometric and portable set from GE. Foam causes irritation for me, so the vinyl covers are nice, and they're equally nice for media, Skype, and cell.

I dislike earbuds, although I have a pair in my computer bag for when I don't happen to have the headset with me.

Nice :-) I tend to either use plugs or cans. They're so great at keeping external noise down.

Bucky Ball
January 1st, 2011, 09:51 AM
Plantronics stereo headset for Skype, Sennheiser HD555 for everything else.

Joe of loath
January 1st, 2011, 10:43 AM
I've got a nice pair of Behringer HPS-5000 for audio work, and some cheap sony earbuds for my mp3 player.

treesurf
January 1st, 2011, 02:12 PM
Shure earbuds for commuting on train/plane/bus/boat. Really nice sound quality and crazy good noise reduction if you use the foam tips. I can't remember the exact model number I've got, but they weren't cheap.

Sony 7506 for everything else. Classic workhorse studio monitor cans.

keithpeter
January 1st, 2011, 04:35 PM
Sennheiser HD201s

Cheap and cheerful cans that I use for occasional listening at home and for checking that I'm actually recording a signal on my sd card sound recorder out and about.

They block environment sounds well, and sound a lot better than the buds you get with mp3 players.

theraje
January 1st, 2011, 06:25 PM
Wired over-ear headphones all the way. My ear-holes must be shaped funny, as most ear bud phones keep falling out or just make my ears sore after five minutes. Besides, they can't be beat when you want "accurate" sound, rather than "good" sound.

Superkoop
January 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM
I'm assuming by cans you mean circumaural over-the-ear type headphones, and by plugs you mean IEMs or canalphones? By normal do you mean supra-aural or on the ear?
I voted for the cans, because I'm assuming you mean over the ear headphones, which is what I use most frequently. I don't like buds because they don't fit me well, and the quality is so poor I don't consider it worthwhile. I used on the ear for a long time when I was younger, but in the end, they tend to wear out quickly and the quality is still lacking a lot... IEMs are nice, but I have never owned a pair.

Dobbie03
January 1st, 2011, 07:30 PM
I use a nice pair of Stanton head phones:
http://www.topdjgear.com/stdjpro30djh.html

ki4jgt
January 2nd, 2011, 02:51 AM
I'm assuming by cans you mean circumaural over-the-ear type headphones, and by plugs you mean IEMs or canalphones? By normal do you mean supra-aural or on the ear?
I voted for the cans, because I'm assuming you mean over the ear headphones, which is what I use most frequently. I don't like buds because they don't fit me well, and the quality is so poor I don't consider it worthwhile. I used on the ear for a long time when I was younger, but in the end, they tend to wear out quickly and the quality is still lacking a lot... IEMs are nice, but I have never owned a pair.

You got everything. Canals and on the ear

mamamia88
January 2nd, 2011, 02:58 AM
the over the ear ones at home and on long trips. the earbuds when at work/school since they can wrap around my mp3 player and fit in my pocket