PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Add Stuff to Kubuntu's "Pages"?

dhtseany
January 1st, 2011, 03:18 AM
Sorry if my post is a bit cryptic... While I'm quite familiar with Ubuntu and a Gnome environment, I'm new to KDE.

First, I still don't get the concept of "pages", however, I figured out how to setup my weather and RSS feeds. Can someone explain the idea to me?

Second, can I add other widgets or apps to these pages? Maybe something like Stumbleupon?

Peace,
Sean

Zorael
January 1st, 2011, 05:07 PM
I'm not sure of what pages you're referring to. Are you running the netbook interface? Does it look like the attached screenshot?

If so, it's a new workspace metaphore; an alternative to the normal desktop. You set a page up with the widgets you like (rss feeds, weather reports, comics etc) and use it as your newspaper, more or less. You can add stuff by clicking the cashew in the bottom left corner, unlocking the page and then clicking Add Widgets. The cashew can also be broken out into a small tab and moved around.

dhtseany
January 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Yeah, per your screen shot yeah, that's what I'm talking about. So if I want to add stuff to my "newspaper", I add widgets to the bottom, left button/bar that will popup.

Cool.

Peace
Sean