PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gthumb questions

Ralph L
January 1st, 2011, 12:48 AM
I am trying to evaluate gthumb as a Photo Manager. I sort my photos into folders and I like the fact that gthumb works with my photo folders with little change to them. However, I have a few questions and hope somebody can answer them:

1. I can't find a way to display captions on photos in a slideshow or in fullscreen mode. However, I can print captions. So far the only way I can find to have a slideshow with captions is to "print to pdf" (including the captions), and then to use Image Viewer (or Acrobat Reader) to present the pdf file as a slideshow. Anybody know how to include captions on a slideshow in gthumb?

2. When printing photos (just ctrl p), there are "layout" options for what to include in the photo caption--name, title, description, album, etc. I can set name, title, description using the "Comment" tool on the toolbar in viewer mode. However, the Comment tool will not allow me to set "album", nor some other fields that are available in "layout" when printing. Anybody know how to set these other fields--in particular "album"?

3. When printing an album, I would like to include a header and footer on each page--like OpenOffice Writer does. Does anybody know of a way to do this?

So far everything else seems to work pretty well.

I am running lucid and gthumb 2.12.1-3.

Thanks
Ralph

Ralph L
January 1st, 2011, 01:26 AM
I am trying to evaluate gthumb as a Photo Manager. I sort my photos into folders and I like the fact that gthumb works with my photo folders with little change to them. However, I have a few questions and hope somebody can answer them:

1. I can't find a way to display captions on photos in a slideshow or in fullscreen mode. However, I can print captions. So far the only way I can find to have a slideshow with captions is to "print to pdf" (including the captions), and then to use Image Viewer (or Acrobat Reader) to present the pdf file as a slideshow. Anybody know how to include captions on a slideshow in gthumb?

2. When printing photos (just ctrl p), there are "layout" options for what to include in the photo caption--name, title, description, album, etc. I can set name, title, description using the "Comment" tool on the toolbar in viewer mode. However, the Comment tool will not allow me to set "album", nor some other fields that are available in "layout" when printing. Anybody know how to set these other fields--in particular "album"?

3. When printing an album, I would like to include a header and footer on each page--like OpenOffice Writer does. Does anybody know of a way to do this?

So far everything else seems to work pretty well.

I am running lucid and gthumb 2.12.1-3.

Thanks
Ralph

cariboo
January 1st, 2011, 06:42 AM
Please don't create multiple threads on the same subject, I have merged your two threads.