PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problems with cd permissions

DrBlob
January 1st, 2011, 12:05 AM
I am trying to install a windows program via cd onto ubuntu to run through wine, but running the autorun.exe is not allowed as it is "not an executable bit". I try to change this in the permission window from the file browser, but it refuses as it is a "read only file system". Does anyone have any ideas to help:confused:

mikewhatever
January 1st, 2011, 12:41 AM
You could copy everything to disk and run from there.

DrBlob
January 2nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
The program came on CD, i copied the files onto the computer and it worked,m but when i tryed to run it through wine, it claimed that the cd was not inserted and closed:(

dino99
January 2nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
you might not use the good exe; if it claim the cd, that mean autorun.exe is the installer, not the loader. You might have an other exe like setup.exe or else, and a readme file or doc, dont you ?

DrBlob
January 3rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
I install it using the autorun.exe from the files copied from the disk, then from the applications menu under wine i browsed the c drive and found the exe (only one in folder) for the main program, this one said the disk wasn't inserterded. Another program that came on the cd worked, but i dont think this one needs the disk to run