PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] CD/DVD Drive and wireless network card

dalligood7
December 30th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I suggested for my friend to install ubuntu on her new pc because she does not have access to a Windows disk. I am somewhat familiar with Linux but I have never actually used it. She says she made the install disk and installed ubuntu just fine. When she went to intall her wireless network card cd it would not work. Please tell me what to do so I can instruct her on how to set these up to make them work. Thank you!!!

pricetech
December 31st, 2010, 12:02 AM
It would be better if she posted herself, eliminating you as a middleman.

My first step would be to identify the wireless card and begin searching both the forum and the web for information pertaining to her particular card under Linux.

dalligood7
December 31st, 2010, 12:15 AM
It would be better if she posted herself, eliminating you as a middleman.

My first step would be to identify the wireless card and begin searching both the forum and the web for information pertaining to her particular card under Linux.

Thank you for your feedback, unfortunately she does not have access to the internet at this time, and is unfamiliar with Linux. She lives in Memphis and I live in Illinois or I would just let her use it. Her network card is a Asus PCE N13-802.11B-6-N model. I have just searched for this model and nothing came up. So I will just search Asus network cards with Linux and see what I come up with. Once again thank you for advice!