PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Question about wireless

jermza
December 30th, 2010, 05:55 PM
This isn't Ubuntu specific, but I have a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. Both pretty new; they use USB dongles.

I've found that the keyboard "loses" connection every so often. It slows down or completely misses what I type.

Could it be because the wireless dongles are interfering with each other; possibly too close to each other in the back of my case? (I had them right next to each other.)

I've now moved them to opposite ends of the case, to see if that makes a difference.

Any experience with this?

XeonBloomfield
December 30th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Is somewhere wrote on the box at what frequencies they are working?

jermza
December 31st, 2010, 08:20 AM
Is somewhere wrote on the box at what frequencies they are working?

Not that I can see...

Scunnered
December 31st, 2010, 09:08 AM
I am using both a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse and have done so for since 8.10 without any problem. I have the dongle at the rear of my laptop and have not had any problems at all.

I additionally bought a small wireless mouse as I hate the keypad for use when I have the laptop away from home. This similarly works a treat.

Have you changed the batteries in both as this is the only thing that causes problems for me?

jermza
December 31st, 2010, 11:11 AM
The batteries are new.

I've suddenly realised that it might be my cellphone (which is on my desk). I've moved it a few metres away, and will see what difference that makes, if any.

I'm using Microsoft's Arc keyboard and mouse (very flat, small, and sexy, I might add).

Runckle
December 31st, 2010, 11:22 AM
Microsoft is the problem! I have a Microsoft Laser 8000 mouse and keyboard and they have been nothing but trouble for 3 years. If you look at their forums there is nothing but complaints about Microsoft Mice and Keyboards... A friend of mine bought a set about 2 months ago he had to send them back twice as they would not work properly. He eventually asked them to replace them with a Logitech set which he hasn't had a single problem with since. Safe to say I will never buy another Microsoft product of this nature.