PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu 10.10 install manager causes constant reboot

hikarimay10
December 30th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hello:

I downloaded Ubuntu 10.10 in November 2010 and used the windows installer to install it next to my Windows 7 OS. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I am a beginner user and only Ubuntu when I need to run the terminal and text editor to create and test simple C++ files.

Today, the install manager requested that I install critical updates so I left the default selected files and upgraded. The it asked to restart the system so I said yes. When it restarts it asks which OS to load:
1. Windows 7
2. Ubuntu
So I select Ubuntu then it displays some message about NTFS and quickly reboots (so i can't get to read the remaining message) the PC again. Uusually it would ask me to select the version of Ubuntu to load. Now my PC will only laod up Windows 7 so I can't get back into Ubuntu to dianose the problem. I don't even know where to find the Ubuntu OS files when I am in Windows Explorer. Please help because I need to use Ubuntu!

Thank you
Hikarimay10

Rubi1200
December 30th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums :-)

If this is a Wubi install, see here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1639198

problem #2, solution #1

Don't forget to apply the Permanent Fix when booted back into Ubuntu.

If you are unsure about anything, ask first please.

Thanks.

hikarimay10
December 31st, 2010, 01:23 PM
Yes, I did as you said and it worked! I also applied the permanent fix. Thank you very much. :p

Rubi1200
December 31st, 2010, 01:32 PM
No problem, you are more than welcome :-)

Please mark this Solved using the Thread Tools near the top of the page.

Enjoy!