PDA

View Full Version : The 'cleaner' in the Apple store

Johnsie
December 30th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I was in the local Apple store last night looking at iPads. I wanted to watch a video on the full version of youtube but it didn't work. I tried a few different ipads but they all gave me error messages... Then a 'cleaner' came and made sure that nobody could see the error messages. Now either I have exceptionally dirty hands or Apple were trying to hide from people that flash does not work well on the ipad.

Grenage
December 30th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I was in the local Apple store last night looking at iPads. I wanted to watch a video on the full version of youtube but it didn't work. I tried a few different ipads but they all gave me error messages... Then a 'cleaner' came and made sure that nobody could see the error messages. Now either I have exceptionally dirty hands or Apple were trying to hide from people that flash does not work well on the ipad.

My money is on damage control; they were cleaning up an arrogant and bored punk. ;)

Johnsie
December 30th, 2010, 10:22 AM
reported. There was no need for personal abuse here.

Paqman
December 30th, 2010, 10:26 AM

Given that you presumably knew (as most people do) that Ipads don't do Flash, i'd say it's a fair call. What were you actually trying to accomplish?

Grenage
December 30th, 2010, 10:26 AM

If I were to run around trying to load Mac software on HP machines in PC World, I'd be acting like an arrogant bored punk.

I don't, by the way.

Evil-Ernie
December 30th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I hate Apples but I dont think there is any conspiracy here, Ive seen shop reps go upto Windows machines and clear errors off them or tidy them up after a customer has had a play.

If you are a shop you want people to buy the products you sell so you dont want to leave them lying around with errors on, its like leaving nice clothes crumpled on the floor in fashion store.

Johnsie
December 30th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Personal abuse is against the rules of these forums and is completely unacceptable and unnecessary. I was not being arrogant or a punk. I was seeing if it would automatically forward to the HTML5 version of those sites and it didn't. It's called evaluating the products and that's why they put them out on display in the first place, so people can see what they are like. There really was no ill-will intended.

I do agree with the previous poster though, they do want their products to look good. That is propably why they do this, similar to how the people in clothes stores fold clothes after people have looked at them. I'm glad someone could be sensible about this and give a decent explanation rather than just hurling abuse.

handy
December 30th, 2010, 10:57 AM
"Oh! Look? It has just same errors that we have been used to getting at home. Ah... Now we know we can feel comfortable with it as our new computer."

The last thing anyone wants are new errors that they don't understand! :lolflag:

Grenage
December 30th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Personal abuse is against the rules of these forums and is unacceptable and unnecessary.

Yes, it is; however I did not make any personal attack, bit merely described what I saw. Someone who thought they had the right (arrogant) to cause a problem (a punk) for some individual trying to earn a living.

You can try the moral high-ground, but it will be a difficult climb in this case.

handy
December 30th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hmm... Shame humour didn't work.

Get over it you guys, nothing to be gained, only a thread to be closed.

Your call?

Grenage
December 30th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Hmm... Shame humour didn't work.

Get over it you guys, nothing to be gained, only a thread to be closed.

Your call?

Alas, I am probably also arrogant and stubborn.

Elfy
December 30th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Closed - it's just yet another apple troll thread.