PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Replacing OS in a dual boot system

tbid18
December 30th, 2010, 01:26 AM
My query is essentially the same as the one presented in this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1608003&highlight=replace+os+in+dual+boot+system) thread.

Right now I dual boot into Kubuntu 10.10 and Vista, and I'm interested in possibly replacing Kubuntu with Mint 10. I do like Kubuntu but I feel like Mint will be a better option for me; I've played with it on a Live CD and in VirtualBox. Can I accomplish this replacement from the Mint Live CD? Please keep in mind that my technical knowledge is not too great, and I want to completely remove Kubuntu, not install over top of it if that is even possible.

Thanks in advance.

IWantFroyo
December 30th, 2010, 01:37 AM
What type of dual boot did you use? Did you partition your hard drive or install within windows? Installing within windows makes this so much easier...

tbid18
December 30th, 2010, 01:40 AM
What type of dual boot did you use? Did you partition your hard drive or install within windows? Installing within windows makes this so much easier...

Ah, that's too bad. I partitioned my hard drive using the Kubuntu installer. I would like to essentially replace the partition with Kubuntu with Mint, and dual boot into Mint and Vista.