PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Voip Client (including address book, sms and credit) for Ubuntu

gcri33
December 30th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Dear All,

I took now the decision to switch to Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit as primary OS in my laptop. I spent sometimes configuring everything and I am amazed. But I still have some problems.

I was spending some times to configure my Ubuntu in order to use a Justvoip account. After reading several forums, I've tried Wine with the win client but it does not work. Then I tried with Ubuntu clients like: x-lite, Ekiga, Linphone, Twinkle and Emphaty. I can connect to the justvoip sip and call, that's it.

I would appreciate if someone can suggest a solutions for the following problems:

- Sending sms;
- Use my mobile as sender or caller.
- Access my Justvoip Address book (centralised in the Justvoip servers which I update from the different pc-clients from where I connect);
- Display my Credit;

Does anybody know solutions to do this in Ubuntu or is anybody aware of a way to emulate the win client? I cannot believe that in linux I am only able to make phone calls with my voip account.

I think the same problem goes with providers similar to justvoip such as voipcheap, voipstunt, voipwise...

Thanks a lot in advance!

harun3d
November 7th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I am also waiting for such program. Meanwhile I use MobileVoip on my Android GSM since the voice quality is not so good with some linux voip programs