PDA

View Full Version : If you're looking for a sweet Ubuntu gaming machine ...

K.Mandla
April 25th, 2006, 12:12 AM
I'm selling off my XPS M170 so I can free myself from my student loan a few months early.

It's a beautiful machine, only five months old and runs Ubuntu like a pro. Wireless, graphics and everything* set up perfectly and without any major hassles.

Here's a link to the auction, if you're interested. ...

USED Dell XPS M170 2.26Ghz 1Gb 80Gb 17" 54g DVDRW MINT! (http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-Dell-XPS-M170-2-26Ghz-1Gb-80Gb-17-54g-DVDRW-MINT_W0QQitemZ6874496480QQcategoryZ80208QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

It's sad to see it go, but it will be worth it to be free. :mrgreen:

*EDIT: I should mention that I never used the SD card reader under Ubuntu (or Windows, for that matter), so I'm not 100 percent sure that it's Ubuntu-ready. I seem to remember there being some strange issues with SD card readers and Ubuntu, but again, I never tried it so I don't know for sure. Cheers!

ihavenoname
May 17th, 2006, 10:31 PM
*EDIT: I should mention that I never used the SD card reader under Ubuntu (or Windows, for that matter), so I'm not 100 percent sure that it's Ubuntu-ready. I seem to remember there being some strange issues with SD card readers and Ubuntu, but again, I never tried it so I don't know for sure. Cheers!

thats really honest of you, most ppl wouldnt have said anything, I really respect that.

K.Mandla
May 23rd, 2006, 04:24 AM
Thanks. I try to be an honest seller. I think it works out better for everyone involved.