PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] awn theme icons?

gmenfan83
December 29th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I am trying to install the mac os icon theme for awn....I made sure my theme download is for awn but when I go into my awn settings and select theme then install/browse to apply the theme file I downloaded nothing happens?

karthick87
December 29th, 2010, 04:24 PM
What version of AWN you are using?

gmenfan83
December 29th, 2010, 04:51 PM
What version of AWN you are using?

I can't say for certain and im not around my laptop to verify but my guess would be the latest version as I just downloaded it about a week ago

Frogs Hair
December 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Could you provide a link to the theme ?

gmenfan83
December 29th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Could you provide a link to the theme ?
here is the link
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/apple+awn+dock?content=101858
and even when i download this one and follow the instructions i get a prompt that says theme file not supported?
http://exploreubuntu.wordpress.com/2010/02/21/edit-your-awn-theme-to-get-the-perfect-dock/

Frogs Hair
December 29th, 2010, 10:55 PM
The theme failed to install after extracting the folder from the zip . It is possible to use the theme icons by using the customize icon option found when right clicking the launchers on the dock.

1. Extract and save the apple awn folder in home somewhere .
2. Right click the (task manager icons only) that you want to change.
3. Select customize icon and navigate to the apple awn folder and open.
4. choose icon and select open.

There is a pending question as to how to install this theme at the link you provided. The awn how to provided with the icons doesn't appear to be compatible with the version of awn I am using.

gmenfan83
December 29th, 2010, 11:19 PM
The theme failed to install after extracting the folder from the zip . It is possible to use the theme icons by using the customize icon option found when right clicking the launchers on the dock.

1. Extract and save the apple awn folder in home somewhere .
2. Right click the (task manager icons only) that you want to change.
3. Select customize icon and navigate to the apple awn folder and open.
4. choose icon and select open.

There is a pending question as to how to install this theme at the link you provided. The awn how to provided with the icons doesn't appear to be compatible with the version of awn I am using.
thank you that did the trick!....i just wish i could find a theme to change all icons