PDA

View Full Version : chat rooms related to programming

osbonkers
December 29th, 2010, 02:10 PM
It is really difficult to get instant answers for your doubts. I hope if any one could tell me any website or any other way to get access to chat rooms related to C programming and other areas of computer science. Is there any website where one can talk/chat to experts to clarify doubts and query them.Plz Help

trent.josephsen
December 29th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Doubts don't have answers; questions do.

I hang around daniweb.com and programmingforums.org in addition to this site, but most of my C experience is tempered by lurking in the comp.lang.c newsgroup. They're usually fast enough for me, but I'm not on any deadlines (related to programming, at least).

Perhaps someone else could suggest some good IRC channels, with which I'm not familiar.

ziekfiguur
December 29th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Freenode (chat.freenode.net) has a C and a c++ irc channel, as well as an ubuntu channel :)

Vox754
December 29th, 2010, 06:19 PM
It is really difficult to get instant answers for your doubts. I hope if any one could tell me any website or any other way to get access to chat rooms related to C programming and other areas of computer science. Is there any website where one can talk/chat to experts to clarify doubts and query them.Plz Help

"Experts" rarely have time to talk/chat with random people who want to learn to program.

Most of the learning is done by oneself. Forums and chatrooms (precisely like the ones you will find around Ubuntu!) are sometimes helpful to clarify doubts, but my best advice is: do not, under any circumstances, suppose people, experts or not, will have time for you. People do this in their free time, it's entirely voluntary.

CptPicard
December 29th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I and nvteighen and a bunch of other people hang out on #ubuntu-programming on Freenode (irc.freenode.org).

We like to chat about programming (and everything else), but I'd like to second Vox that assuming that other people are some kind of an "instant answers automaton" can annoy the hell out of them.

Also, yes, it's a "question" -- having "doubts" makes you seem like you don't trust the information you've been given.

hakermania
December 29th, 2010, 08:15 PM
You can join an IRC channel. There are a lot of channels that are interested in Bash Java Python C++ C etc

osbonkers
December 31st, 2010, 03:11 AM
I have some nice ideas which I want to implement through bash scripting. I want to learn bash scripting and wanted some guidance regarding it. Guys, please suggest books that i should start with and authors i should prefer for learning bash scripting.Also suggest sites and books where i can get some sample projects related to it as i have no experience in making projects.