PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation Windows Freeze X86

squidie
December 28th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Hi,

I’ve been trying to dual-boot Ubuntu 10.10 intel with W7 x86 Ultimate the CD/ISO way onto a separate partition. I’m packing an Intel Core2Duo 2.00GHz, with an onboard GeForce 8200M G, with 3GB of DDR2 833mhz RAM.

Now I’ve looked around here for some previous topics, and I have come across a few but none of them have corrected the problem. When I boot into Ubuntu after BIOS the installation window, always the welcome windows freezes when I select the language and proceed. It even does this in the demo. I’ve tried disabling ACPI and checking noapic but it still freezes, I’ve even tried re-burning another disc with data checking but it’s still doing the same. I’ve only once managed to get passed the welcome windows but it crashed again on the partition page etc.

I’ve read about the text installation but not managed to find anything on that so I’m hoping some one could help me J

BTW I’m a new user of Ubuntu/Linux

Thanks

squidie
December 30th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Does anyone have any ideas? Sorry if I'm not supposed to bump this... :popcorn:

squidie
April 24th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Not manged to fix this yet, any ideas? :)

squidie
August 1st, 2011, 09:19 PM
I've managed to install it okay now but I'm having an issue where it hangs on boot-up, somtimes a blank screen and sometimes on the loading screen. I normally hangs straight after the boot sound (drums).