PDA

View Full Version : Indentify old tv series, possibly Greek in origin..

mips
December 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM
In the 80s there used to be a tv series that was about a bunch of kids on their summer holiday and was set in a small village by the sea. If memory serves me correctly it looked like it was Greece.

The series was shown locally and dubbed into Afrikaans.

Any ideas?

3Miro
December 28th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Do you have pictures/video from the show or something from the plot.

The only such show I can think of was about a bunch of kids in Spain (I don't know if they were from Spain or they traveled to Spain). One of the cool moments was when the kids decided to rebel to their parents and answer with "maybe" to everything. Once the decided to clean the beach and one guy was not letting them pick litter, so they waited until he falls asleep and surround him with garbage. One drama episode was when a guy and a girl got lost in a cave in nearby mountains. At the end, one elderly fisherman that befriended the kids dies (from old age).

Maybe a completely different show from what you are thinking.

mips
December 28th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Do you have pictures/video from the show or something from the plot.

The only such show I can think of was about a bunch of kids in Spain (I don't know if they were from Spain or they traveled to Spain). One of the cool moments was when the kids decided to rebel to their parents and answer with "maybe" to everything. Once the decided to clean the beach and one guy was not letting them pick litter, so they waited until he falls asleep and surround him with garbage. One drama episode was when a guy and a girl got lost in a cave in nearby mountains. At the end, one elderly fisherman that befriended the kids dies (from old age).

Maybe a completely different show from what you are thinking.

Sounds like the right show. I distinctly remember the kids visiting the old man all the time and also that he died.

Ok, so I got the Greek part wrong :D Do you perhaps know the name of the show?

3Miro
December 28th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Sounds like the right show. I distinctly remember the kids visiting the old man all the time and also that he died.

Ok, so I got the Greek part wrong :D Do you perhaps know the name of the show?

Here is the problem. I watched it in the late 80's and early 90's dubbed in Bulgarian. The translation was "Blue Summer", but they may have changed the original title. IMDB did not come up with anything (just some unrelated american movie form the 70's).

I still remember the melody. I also remember a guy called Pancho, who wasn't on vacation, but rather he was living there and helping his father at the store. He was in love with one of the girls, now if my memory is any good, her name was Beatrice (again I saw it in Bulgarian, so pronunciation and spelling is likely to be wrong).

mips
December 29th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Here is the problem. I watched it in the late 80's and early 90's dubbed in Bulgarian. The translation was "Blue Summer", but they may have changed the original title. IMDB did not come up with anything (just some unrelated american movie form the 70's).

Yes, that was the name. Locally it was called the same thing in Afrikaans "Blou Somer", I just found one local reference to the name but nothing more.

Will keep on searching.

mips
December 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Google Translate to the rescue. I was hoping the name would be a direct translation and it turns out it is. I translated Blue Summer to Spanish and got "Verano Azul"

Googling Verano Azul popped up with the first two hits for the wikipedia page and the imdb page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verano_azul
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077094/

Intro on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epgyu_2QieE

I used to love this show. Growing up in a conservative country at the time this show also had content we would normally never see on local tv so it was also a bit controversial. I still remember there was an article in the local paper about the show and morals, think it was after the puberty episode dealing with menstruation. I was glued to the tv every single sunday it was aired.

Thanks for helping me identify the show, much appreciated.

mips
December 29th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Now for the next one :D

Anybody remember another popular series for kids but this time it was definitely set in in France. I still remember the Centre Georges Pompidou (Pompidou Centre) being featured in it a few times.