PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] InstallArchives() failed error

denizdurmus
December 28th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Hello everyone, I got a problem since I have installed Ubuntu to my machine...
I cant download&install anything. When I try, like updating or using software manager, download is successful but for installation part, suddenly I got "Installarchives() failed" error.
I tried many things to solve the problem but it failed... Is there any ideas about how to fix the problem,?

germanix
December 28th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Go to "administration" - "Software sources" then go to the tab "other Software" and see if you have "archives" selected. If so un select it and try the update again.

denizdurmus
December 28th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Go to "administration" - "Software sources" then go to the tab "other Software" and see if you have "archives" selected. If so un select it and try the update again.

well... there is nothing entitled software resources under administation menu

](*,)

germanix
December 28th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Should normally be there. Then go to the main menu, you should find this under "system" - "preferences", select "main menu", once there go to "administration" (right side of the window right at the bottom. You may have to scroll down). Here you will find "software sources" under the item list to the right. Activate it so it shows up under the normal administration menu. Then go back to "administration" and do what I suggested above.