PDA

View Full Version : re installing windows?

kitoisara
December 28th, 2010, 02:10 AM
How do I do this do I just buy a copy of windows and it installs over Ubuntu or is there more to it I want to go back to windows for a while.

wojox
December 28th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Yup it is that simple. Just buy a copy of Windows.

JC Cheloven
December 28th, 2010, 02:18 AM
You should use a significant amount of periods.

As to the rest, the win2 install disk will ask you where to install. Simply select something suitable for you.
A question for a windows forum, though.

RiceMonster
December 28th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Boot the disk, delete the Ubuntu partition(s) and install in the empty space. Nothing to it, really.

kaldor
December 28th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Should be just as easy as when you installed Ubuntu.

Khakilang
December 28th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Yep! Buy Window CD and install into an empty partition or an empty second hard disk if you have. Than you have to install the motherboard driver, the graphics card driver, network adapter drivers and sound drivers. Next install anti virus, registries cleaner and hard disk defragmenter software. Update your Windows security or download Microsoft Security essential and finally install whatever software you desire and on the Ubuntu side you have to download Startup manager from software centre for dual boot. I think that's about it. It took me whole day to do all this. Hope you can do better.

sandyd
December 28th, 2010, 05:31 AM
you have to delete the partitions first using gparted and format them to NTFS if your installing win7. Otherwise, win7 installer won't detect them

inobe
December 28th, 2010, 08:06 AM
shouldn't have to buy anything if windows was pre installed on the machine you are using.

if it's a dell or whatever model, you may already have the windows install disc, if not you can order it from the machines manufacture and that's it.

bludgard
December 28th, 2010, 08:29 AM
If you want to run only Windows your best option is to wipe the disk and let Windows installer do it's thing.

I'm just migrating to Ubuntu and love it.Lot to learn,though.I'm game.

One

bludgard
December 28th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Yup it is that simple. Just buy a copy of Windows.

True.

=D>