PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wine Won't Run .exe

doublefoot
December 28th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Hey, I'm having a problem getting Linux/Wine to run any .exe or windows programs that I'm trying to get working. I've looked at many many tutorials and guides and nothing has worked for me yet. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction or help me out? Thanks!

Here is my error message when trying to open .exe in Wine:

"The file '/home/don/Downloads/rsclient.exe' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit."

Quackers
December 28th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Welcome to UF.
Try right-clicking on the .exe file and go to the "permissions" tab and tick the box to run as executable.

doublefoot
December 28th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I have wanted to try that, but for some reason when I right click there is no permissions option.

NEW: Scratch that, now the option is showing up. When I do that though the program is still not coming up, or at least one, let me try another few.

NEWER: Okay, it's not coming up with multiple .exe files, so the error message finally went away but they're still not working. Also, my Sony Vegas Pro .exe does not have the permissions or properties option.

Quackers
December 28th, 2010, 05:16 AM
How are you trying to open these files?
Right-click and Wine launcher or double-click?