PDA

View Full Version : Weird concentration habit.

sandyd
December 27th, 2010, 04:13 AM
i find that on most occasions, if I play a song (not an album, but the actual song over and over on repeat), over and over again while im working, I actually concentrate way better, and am actually really hard to distract (sister accidentally left the mac & cheese in the oven for too long, and I didnt rush down and turn off the oven this time...). It just might be my musical abilities acting up,

any ideas why?

ki4jgt
December 27th, 2010, 04:24 AM
i find that on most occasions, if I play a song (not an album, but the actual song over and over on repeat), over and over again while im working, I actually concentrate way better, and am actually really hard to distract (sister accidentally left the mac & cheese in the oven for too long, and I didnt rush down and turn off the oven this time...). It just might be my musical abilities acting up,

any ideas why?

You're linking the repetitiveness of the music with the job you're doing. Or in simpler terms, It's like hearing Go Go Go!!! While you're working.
Everyone is built to respond to things in life this way, it's just most peoples annoyance to hearing the same thing over and over usually over rides it :-)

MisterGaribaldi
December 27th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Could be something to do with comforting rhythmic patterns or that sort of thing.

For me, I find techno, trance, or jazz (none of which with any lyrics) works well for some things, but after a while it gets on my nerves and I just prefer silence.

sandyd
December 27th, 2010, 04:26 AM
You're linking the repetitiveness of the music with the job you're doing. Or in simpler terms, It's like hearing Go Go Go!!! While you're working.
Everyone is built to respond to things in life this way, it's just most peoples annoyance to hearing the same thing over and over usually over rides it :-)
hmm... that could be it, since im playing Make It Shine from VicTORIous...

you know, now that i think of it more, its like it creates a filter between the work and the rest of the world...

Khakilang
December 27th, 2010, 04:38 AM
What type of music you are listening? To me music like Kitaro are soothing and relaxing and bring your mind to somewhere else. It happen to me once when my water was almost empty while boiling.

sandyd
December 27th, 2010, 04:42 AM
What type of music you are listening? To me music like Kitaro are soothing and relaxing and bring your mind to somewhere else. It happen to me once when my water was almost empty while boiling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-DAzpvvUU4Since the last.fm page for it is screwed up...
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/make-it-shine-victorious-theme/id365795575

Khakilang
December 27th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Sometime at work we need something to keep us working better. Many people have different way to help them to concentrate. Like my cousin brother will blast away all his heave metal songs while studying for his exam. So you are not the only weird one.

Khakilang
December 27th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Sometime at work we need something to keep us working better. Many people have different way to help them to concentrate. Like my cousin brother will blast away all his heave metal songs while studying for his exam. So you are not the only weird one. If it help you work better than I think its ok.
:popcorn: